Qualifying for Surveys

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Qualifying for Surveys

Post by Peter on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 pm

They usually don't tell you what the survey you are about to take is going to be about. You usually have to go through pre-qualification and then another qualification before taking the survey. This is because lots of surveys are targeted for a specific group of people. While there is no certain way to qualify for a survey, the following have worked well with me in the past. You will most likely see this questions when qualifying.

1. When they ask: "Do you or anyone in your family work in any of the following fields?" I usually choose "None of the above". My theory on why most every survey asks this is that they want to find out weather you or anyone close to you works for a market research agency, news agency, etc... because they do not want you to leak out the information in the survey. Some surveys contain information about marketing ideas for products that have not been released yet and they expect you to keep this information confidential. I think they want to make sure that there is nobody close to you that is employed in those fields that pertain to the information presented in the survey. I might be wrong however. Note that this is only pertains to the questions with only about 5 answer choices including: news agency and market research firm. When they give you a long list of professions, this does NOT apply. Numerous surveys target for HVAC contractors and IT executives.

2. Most surveys ask this question: "Are you Hispanic/Latino?" While I am not either, I usually put "yes" because some surveys are looking specifically for Hispanic/Latino participants. I have taken surveys that were about Spanish music, culture, etc... If I had put "no", I wouldn't have qualified for those surveys. It just increases your chance of qualifying in my opinion.

3. "Do you own and use any of the following products?" I usually mark all of them because you never know which of those products they are looking for you to mark.

4. "How much influence do you have in your household's shopping?" I always put "I am the primary shopper". I think they are looking for the primary shopper so they can evaluate their shopping experiences.

While these methods will NOT guarentee that you qualify for a survey, they have helped me in the past. Sometimes they will give you a clue as to what the survey is about. On PeanutLab surveys, the clue is usually in the title (i.e. Survey for IT professionals, survey for pregnant moms, etc...) There is nothing more frustrating than getting disqualified from a survey 15 minutes in. I hope this helps you qualify. Let me know if you have any questions.
Peter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Qualifying for Surveys

Post by Peter on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Another questions that you will encounter is "Do you have any children in your household?". Sometimes they are looking to interview your children for the survey. I have taken surveys where they ask your child to provide answers about their TV watching habits, eating habits, etc... This is why I usually put that I do have children. Also, sometimes they are looking to interview parents.

If you are doing a daily survey, don't give up! You can keep trying to re-qualify for another survey. Keep trying, you will eventually qualify for one and then your time spent trying won't go to waste. SSI Surveys are my favorite.
Peter
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum